Automated Command Center
A Powerful Automation Technology
ACC™ outperforms typical host console automation solutions, providing unique Automation Specific Intelligence™ which utilizes powerful ACC Directors and Probes to automate all console, system, and application processes to their optimum and desired state. ACC ASI processing is designed to deliver maximum automation with minimum input, enabling operations personnel to implement ACC through easy-to-use automation menus, which allow complex procedures to be implemented with little, if any, programming. A single keystroke invokes defined automation and does not require knowledge of REXX or TSO CLISTs.
Four distinct components together provide comprehensive automation:
- Complete Event Automation for all Host console traffic
- User-friendly menu interface for easy implementation and use
- Counterpart Communication for cross-system Automation
- Unique Automation Specific Intelligence to automate any operational procedure
ACC provides complete EVENT AUTOMATION facilities for Messages, Commands, Timed and User Events.
ACC Event Automation provides the data center complete facilities to efficiently and accurately automate all console traffic and activity, thus freeing operations personnel for other priority functions. Through user friendly ISPF menus, control parameters for ALL systems are defined in a single common Event Automation Table.
This allows logical arrangement and avoids the confusion and maintenance associated with numerous complex interrelated PDS members. A sample Event Automation Table containing hundreds of pre-coded event automation situations is provided to allow implementation with little, if any, programming and NO knowledge of REXX or CLISTs.
The ACC Event Automation facility uses a combination of Events and Actions to manage all console activity. Events drive actions which are conditionally executed based on ACC Event Automation variables.
The following lists just a few of the many supported Event Automation Actions:
- Highlight/Low light/Freeze Messages
- Create/Delete/Suppress/Issue Messages
- Allow or reject issued commands
- Reply to WTORs
- Delete or replace message text
- Issue Commands, CLISTs, REXX Execs or ASI Directors
- Delayed action based on job completion
- Create a NETVIEW event or issue a VM command
- Route messages or commands to other Systems
- Issue replies by JOBNAME without reply
Over 90 different Event Automation Variables are available, some of which are listed below:
- Message or Command ID
- Word of Text
- Issuing PROCSTEP
- Julian Date
- Time of Day
- Reply Number
- User Events
- JOB, STC Status
- Substring of Text
- ASID Type
- Routing Codes
- CPU Serial Number
- Descriptor Codes
- Day of Week
- SMF, CPU ID
- Issuing Job or Step Name