OMC-FLASH™ Provides Extensive Job and Output Processing Capabilities
OMC-FLASH™ provides extensive capabilities to select, view and process jobs, datasets, and output, as well as control printers – all using the customizable OMC-FLASH panels and displays. Through OMC-FLASH™, users can:
- Control JES2 and JES3 Jobs Across All Queues: input, execution, and output queues.
- Customize Job Selection from JES by destination, owner, system, writer and/or job class, and more.
- View and Process Jobs, Tasks, Spooled Output, including batch jobs, started tasks, TSO users, APPC jobs, active tasks, held and non-held output.
- Sort Jobs by Any Criteria, including CLASS, PRIORITY, WRITER NAME, and column headings, for complete flexibility in viewing spooled output.
- Manipulate Job and Dataset Output, including browse, cut and paste, sort, find, print, copy to dataset, hold, requeue, delete, and more.
- Choose JES and Job-Related Fields to Display, including Service Class, SRB usage, TCB Usage, total STEP count, and many, many more.
- Utilize Column Sorting on the Job Selection, Dataset Index, and JES3 Initiator Displays to swap column order between ascending and descending.
- Use Overtypable Fields to easily modify CLASS, Status, Form, DEST, WTR name, FCB, UCS, copy count, and many more.
- Display 132 Character Columns, and scroll left/right to easily see specific information.
- Define and Save Copy Profiles, and recall profiles on demand to expedite copy processing. Include output statement names to be used with COPY, and save output statement variables with COPY profiles.
- Control Print and Print Devices, including requeue, forward and backward space of print jobs.
- Define and Utilize Print Profiles to automatically customize PRINT (P) and Requeue (R) command processing. Users can save, store, modify, recall and execute multiple print when desired.
- Use the USERLOG Command to display all MVS/JES commands and results executed by a user.
- Utilize Command Aliasing to create and maintain custom aliases for primary and line commands in OMC-FLASH
Powerful Batch Processing Utility
The OMC-FLASH BATCH Utility efficiently executes OMC-FLASH functions in BATCH mode. Batch COPY capabilities enable users to copy data from large jobs to their specified output file (//OUTPUT DD) without the TSO session delays often experienced when performing large copy operations. An OPERLOG and SYSLOG function are also included to copy records from the Operator Log and System Log to the specified output file in batch. The BATCH FIND and RFIND facilities enable users to perform batch FIND operations, with RFIND options to process multiple jobs with the same name or characteristics, and SORT and TOP functions to control the order of jobs to be searched. An EXITIF parameter is also provided to terminate processing based on the value returned by any previous function.