Dynamic STEPLIB and Library Management
Manage and Automate Dynamic Allocation of STEPLIBs and ISPF Libraries
DYNA-STEP is the premier solution to manage and automate dynamic allocation of STEPLIB and ISPF libraries to save time, reduce maintenance, and save system resources.
Using DYNA-STEP, the TSO/ISPF configuration can be altered dynamically at any time to any new configuration, or to access any application or multiple applications within the users’ ISPF session or at TSO Ready.
With DYNA-STEP, allocation of STEPLIB datasets is removed from the LOGON procedure, reducing the need to manually update and maintain numerous TSO Logon procedures, and eliminating repetitive LOGON and LOGOFF actions to switch between test and production environments or applications.
The results include fewer and more efficient LOGON PROCs, reduced user LOGON time, and reduced library search time – which adds up to increased user service levels and significant dollar savings.
DYNA-STEP Cuts Costs and Increases User and System Productivity
DYNA-STEP is used in many large z/OS environments around the world to automate allocation of key STEPLIB and ISPF libraries, dramatically reducing system I/O and contention on STEPLIB volumes, and eliminating much of the overhead associated with TSO operations.
Authorized DYNA-STEP users gain efficient, direct access to multiple STEPLIBs, product versions, ISPF libraries and DB2 subsystems, all without leaving their ISPF split screen session.
For z/OS shops striving to control resource consumption and boost efficiency, DYNA-STEP improves overall system performance, increases user productivity, and provides key benefits:
- Faster TSO LOGONS that save time and boost productivity
- Faster response times in most ISPF applications
- Less maintenance associated with numerous LOGON PROCs
- Expedited testing and application upgrade cycles
- Reduced system resource consumption
- Real dollar savings from improved user and system Efficiency
DYNA-STEP is a flexibility tool essential to any z/OS and DB2 installation. It enables users to switch between different subsystems transparently to speed testing and expedite upgrades, while also saving system resources and enhancing user productivity.
No data center should be without DYNA-STEP.
DYNA-STEP Provides a Solid Alternative to Replace Unsupported Tools
DYNA-STEP provides immediate relief for TSOPLUS users with the AIA facility that transparently replaces the TSOPLUS On Demand Application (ODA) feature, as well as dynamic STEPLIB allocation capabilities that painlessly replace embedded TSOPLUS STEPLIBX allocations. Further, DYNA-STEP supports extended allocations and ISPF library management, and provides a seamless TSOPLUS transition experience through straightforward TSOPLUS migration aids that eliminate the need for manual conversions.
DYNA-STEP Delivers Extensive STEPLIB and ISPF Library Management Capabilities
DYNA-STEP enables each TSO and ISPF user to dynamically allocate and free STEPLIB, ISPxLIB, and other datasets at anytime.
The datasets allocated using DYNA-STEP function as actual STEPLIB, ISPxLIB, or system datasets, just as those specified in users’ TSO LOGON procedures. DYNA-STEP allows authorized users to:
- Expand or replace users’ LOGON specified STEPLIB allocations.
- Automate STEPLIB allocation through startup CLISTS and REXX Execs to provide concurrent access to multiple product versions and transparent access to both test and production systems from one ISPF session.
- Dynamically allocate up to 128 datasets to any DDNAME, including STEPLIB, ISPLLIB, ISPPLIB, ISPMLIB, ISPTLIB, ISPSLIB, and more.
- Issue STEPLIB commands directly from the ISPF session, and allocate separate STEPLIBs in each of the 32 ISPF split screens independently of other split screens or TSO READY.
- Dynamically alter TSO/ISPF allocations and override standard library assignments to concurrently access multiple application versions across both test and production, to expedite testing and migration to production.
- Dynamically create new DDNAMEs and/or insert libraries at any position into an existing DDNAME concatenation.
- Execute “Push and Pop” commands allowing multiple STEPLIB concatenation sequences to be temporarily saved and restored anytime during the session.
- Issue the DYNA-STEP FREE command at any time to return the user to the LOGON default STEPLIB allocations.
The DYNA-STEP command format is compatible with the TSO allocate command, and dynamically allocated datasets are searched in the order concatenated by DYNA-STEP.
If the member is not found in the DYNA-STEP specified libraries, the usual search of LOGON specified STEPLIBS, LPALIB, and the LINKLIST datasets is performed.
DYNA-STEP provides authorized users with efficient, direct access to multiple STEPLIBs, product versions, and DB2 subsystems.
The result is increased user and machine productivity, adding up to significant dollar savings.